Department of Energy Releases 2022 Technology Commercialization Fund Solicitation
The Department of Energy need yours help to commercialize National Lab intellectual property faster to meet the major challenges facing the nation and the world today. Now you can have a direct impact on accelerating the path to market through DOE’s Technology Commercialization Fund (TCF).
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is calling for applications for the Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22) Technology Commercialization Fund (TCF).
DOE hopes to fund national labs and their private partners to solve five major challenges:
- Market Needs Assessment: To integrate market pull into new research, development, demonstration and deployment (RDD&D) program strategy and accelerate commercialization via market-informed DOE and lab policies and programs.
- Curation of Intellectual Property (IP): To improve how labs ready the IP needed to connect promising technologies with private sector partners.
- Matchmaking: To build partner teams to commercialize promising, curated energy technology IP and lead new technologies to market.
- Streamlining Laboratory Processes and/or Requirements: To provide a more united, consistent, approach to engaging external partners lab-wide.
- Increasing Partnerships with External Commercialization Parties: To improve how labs attract, recruit, and retain external partners to further develop and commercialize technologies.
The Building Technologies Office is partnering with the DOE Office of Technology Transitions and eight other DOE program offices on this solicitation, and we’re excited to see what our stakeholders can bring to the table.
Are you up to the challenge?
If so, please join the Teaming Partner List or reach out to the national lab Technology Transfer Offices to let them know you are interested. Details for how are in the lab call. Learn more at the TCF Resource Page or attend an informational webinar covering specific topic areas, timeline, and FAQs on Tuesday, February 22 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.