DOE Issues a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Comment Pertaining to Standards for Consumer Pool Heaters
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has issued a pre-publication Federal Register notice pf proposed rulemaking (NOPR) pertaining to energy conservation standards for consumer pool heaters. The Energy Policy and Conservation Act (EPCA), prescribes standards for various consumer products and certain commercial and industrial equipment, including consumer pool heaters. EPCA also requires the DOE to periodically determine whether more-stringent, standards would be technologically feasible and economically justified, and would result in significant energy savings. In this NOPR, DOE proposes definitions for the different classes of pool heaters, amended standards for gas-fired pool heaters, new standards for electric pool heaters, and also announces a public meeting to receive comment on these proposed standards and associated analyses and results.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until 60 days after date of publication in the Federal Register. DOE will send a follow-up e-mail once the notice publishes to announce the closing date of the comment period.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE-2021- BT-STD-0020, by email (PoolHeaters2021STD0020@ee.doe.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- DOE will hold a webinar on Wednesday, May 4, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Consumer Pool Heaters including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|