DOE Publishes a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Comment Pertaining to Standards Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has published a Federal Register notice proposing to establish new energy conservation standards for dehumidifying direct-expansion dedicated outdoor air systems (DX-DOASes) that are of equivalent stringency as the minimum levels specified in the amended American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air- Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Standard 90.1 “Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings” (ASHRAE Standard 90.1) when tested pursuant to the most recent applicable industry standard for this equipment. DOE has preliminarily determined that it lacks clear and convincing evidence to adopt standards more stringent than the levels specified in ASHRAE Standard 90.1. DOE also announces a public meeting via webinar to receive comment on these proposed standards and associated analyses and results.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until April 4, 2022.
- Comments regarding the likely competitive impact of the proposed standard should be sent to the Department of Justice until March 3, 2022.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE–2017–BT–STD–0017, by email (CommACHeatingEquipCat2017STD0017@ee.doe.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- Interested persons may contact the Division at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the “Subject” line of your email the title and Docket Number of this proposed rulemaking.
- DOE will hold a webinar on Monday, February, 28, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to email@example.com on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|