DOE Publishes a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Comment Pertaining to Standards for Variable Refrigerant Flow Multi-Split Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has published a Federal Register notice proposing amended energy conservation standards for variable refrigerant flow (VRF) multi-split air conditioners and VRF multi-split system heat pumps (collectively referred to as “VRF multi-split systems”) that rely on a new cooling efficiency metric and are equivalent to those levels specified in the industry standard. DOE has preliminarily determined that it lacks the clear and convincing evidence required by the statute to adopt standards more stringent than the levels specified in the industry standard. This document also announces a public meeting webinar to receive comment on these proposed standards and associated analyses and results.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until May 2, 2022.
- Comments regarding the likely competitive impact of the proposed standard should be sent to the Department of Justice contact by March 31, 2022.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE–2018–BT–STD-0003, by email (email@example.com), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- Interested persons may contact the Antitrust Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please indicate in the “Subject” line of your email the title and Docket Number of this proposed rulemaking.
- DOE will hold a webinar on Wednesday, March, 23, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for variable refrigerant flow multi-split air conditioners and heat pumps including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to email@example.com on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|