DOE Publishes a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Comment Pertaining to Test Procedures for Ceiling Fan Light Kits
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has published Federal Register notice proposing to amend the test procedure for ceiling fan light kits (CFLKs). DOE proposes to update references to industry standards to their latest versions and incorporate industry standards necessary for executing the test; to modify appendix V1 to allow for the use of a goniophotometer; to revise definitions regarding CFLKs with solid-state lighting (SSL) light sources in appendix V1 to clarify the scope and test methods for CFLKs; and to remove appendix V and rename appendix V1 as appendix V. DOE is seeking comment from interested parties on the proposal.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until May 9, 2022.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE–2019–BT– TP- 0024, by email (CFLK2019TP0024@ee.doe.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- DOE will hold a webinar on Monday, April 11, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Ceiling Fan Light Kits including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to email@example.com on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|