DOE Issues a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Comment Pertaining to Test Procedures for Refrigerated Bottled or Canned Beverage Vending Machines
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has issued a pre-publication Federal Register notice proposing to amend the test procedures for refrigerated bottled or canned beverage vending machines (BVMs) to reference the latest version of the industry standard. DOE also proposes to provide setup instructions for non-beverage shelves, update the lowest application product temperature definition and instructions, require testing of coin and bill payment mechanisms if shipped with the BVM (but not until the compliance date of any amended energy conservation standards), specify setup instructions for leak mitigation controls, and remove an obsolete version of the test procedure. DOE is seeking comment from interested parties on the proposal.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until 60 days after date of publication in the Federal Register. DOE will send a follow-up e-mail once the notice publishes to announce the closing date of the comment period.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE–2021–BT–TP- 0007, by email (BVM2021TP0007@ee.doe.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- DOE will hold a webinar on Monday, May 2, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Refrigerated Beverage Vending Machines including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to email@example.com on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|