DOE Publishes a Notice of Proposed Determination, Public Meeting and Request for Comment Pertaining to Standards for Commercial Warm Air Furnaces
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has published a Federal Register notice pertaining to energy conservation standards for commercial warm air furnaces (CWAFs). The Energy Policy and Conservation Act (EPCA), prescribes standards for various consumer products and certain commercial and industrial equipment, including CWAFs. EPCA also requires DOE to periodically review standards. In this notification of proposed determination (NOPD), DOE has initially determined that it lacks clear and convincing evidence that amended energy conservation standards for CWAFs would be economically justified. DOE requests comment on this proposed determination.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPD until June 27, 2022.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE-2019-BT-STD-0042, by email (PkgHVACFurnace2019STD0042@ee.doe.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- DOE will hold a webinar on Tuesday, June, 7, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Commercial Warm Air Furnaces including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to email@example.com on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|