Register for the Wood Heater Design Challenge Q&A Webinar
Brookhaven scientists and a team from Germany using a real-time particulate matter analyzer on a very clean wood stove design that employed gasification and combustion staging to achieve high efficiency and low emissions. Image courtesy of Brookhaven National Laboratory
The U.S. Department of Energy Bioenergy Technologies Office (BETO) Wood Heater Design Challenge exists to engage and expand the wood heater community. It also fosters relationships between academia, industry, and other stakeholders to develop the most innovative wood heaters that are cleaner and more efficient.
On May 19, 2022, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. ET join BETO for a webinar titled, Wood Heater Design Challenge Q&A. Mark Shmorhun, BETO technology manager; Rebecca Trojanowski, Brookhaven National Laboratory engineer; Vi Rapp, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory research scientist; and John Ackerly, Alliance for Green Heat founder, will discuss the challenge and take questions from the audience. Topics discussed during this webinar include:
- The state of wood heater technology in the United States and Europe
- The September 2022 Technology Slam, a public forum where teams will pitch innovative stove ideas
- How BETO can advance this technology
- Wood heater development capabilities at Brookhaven and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories
- How stoves will be tested for emissions at Brookhaven National Lab
- Recap of the three challenge workshops
- Benefits of efficient and low emitting wood stoves for public health, reducing fossil fuel and low income and rural communities.
Register for this webinar and learn how to compete and design the next generation of wood stoves.
BETO supports research, development, and demonstration to enable the sustainable use of domestic biomass and waste resources for the production of biofuels and bioproducts. BETO is part of DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
Sign up to receive regular communications about BETO webinars, workshops, Bioprose: Bioenergy R&D Blogs, funding opportunities, and technical reports.