DOE Issues a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Information Pertaining to Test Procedures for Automatic Commercial Ice Makers
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has issued a pre-publication Federal Register notice proposing to amend the test procedure for automatic commercial ice makers (“ACIMs”; “ice makers”) to update incorporated references to the latest version of the industry standards; establish relative humidity and water hardness test conditions; provide additional detail regarding certain test conditions, settings, setup requirements, and calculations; include a voluntary measurement of potable water use; clarify certification and reporting requirements; and add enforcement provisions. This notice of proposed rulemaking (NOPR) also proposes to provide additional detail to the DOE test procedure to improve the representativeness and repeatability of the current ACIM test procedure. DOE is seeking comment from interested parties on the proposal.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until 60 days after date of publication in the Federal Register. DOE will send a follow-up e-mail once the notice publishes to announce the closing date of the comment period.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE–2017–BT-TP-0006, by email (ACIM2017TP0006@ee.DOE.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- DOE will hold a webinar on Tuesday, February 1, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Automatic Commercial Ice Makers including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|