DOE Issues a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Information Pertaining to Test Procedures for Electric Motors
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has issued a pre-publication Federal Register notice proposing to amend the existing scope of the DOE test procedures consistent with related industry changes for nomenclature and test procedure developments (i.e., for air-over electric motors, submersible electric motors, electric motors greater than 500 horsepower, electric motors considered small, inverter-only electric motors, and synchronous electric motors); add test procedures, metric, and supporting definitions for additional electric motors covered under the proposed scope; and update references to industry standards to reference current versions. Furthermore, DOE proposes to adopt industry provisions related to the prescribed test conditions to further ensure the comparability of test. In addition, DOE proposes to update certain testing instructions to reduce manufacturer burden. Further, DOE proposes to amend the provisions pertaining to certification testing and determination of represented values for electric motors other than dedicated-purpose pool pump motors, apply these provisions to the additional electric motors proposed for inclusion in the scope of the test procedure, and to move both provisions consistent with the location of other certification requirements for other covered products and equipment. Finally, DOE proposes to add provisions pertaining to certification testing and determination of represented values for dedicated-purpose pool pump motors. DOE is seeking comment from interested parties on the proposal.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until 60 days after date of publication in the Federal Register. DOE will send a follow-up e-mail once the notice publishes to announce the closing date of the comment period.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE–2020–BT–TP–0011, by email (ElecMotors2020TP0011@ee.doe.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- DOE will hold a webinar on Thursday, January 20, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Electric Motors including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|