DOE Issues a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Information Pertaining to Test Procedures for VRF Multi Split Systems
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has issued a pre-publication Federal Register notice proposing to amend the test procedure for variable refrigerant flow multi-split air conditioners and heat pumps (VRF multi-split systems) to incorporate by reference the latest version of the industry test standard. DOE also proposes to adopt the integrated energy efficiency ratio metric in its test procedures for VRF multi-split systems. Additionally, DOE proposes to adopt provisions in the updated industry test procedure relevant to certification and enforcement, including a controls verification procedure. DOE welcomes written comment from the public on any subject within the scope of this document (including topics not specifically raised in this proposal), as well as the submission of data and other relevant information.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until 60 days after date of publication in the Federal Register. DOE will send a follow-up e-mail once the notice publishes to announce the closing date of the comment period.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE–2021–BT–TP-0019, by email (VRFMultisplitACHP2021TP0019@ee.doe.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- DOE will hold a webinar on Thursday, January 20, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Variable Refrigerant Flow Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps
including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|