DOE Publishes a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Comment Pertaining to Test Procedures for Single Package Vertical Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has published a Federal Register notice proposing to amend its test procedures for single package vertical air conditioners and single package vertical heat pumps. DOE is proposing to incorporate by reference the most recent version of the relevant industry test standard, AHRI 390-2021, and to amend certain provisions for representations for the subject equipment. DOE is also proposing definitions for “single- phase single package vertical air conditioners with cooling capacity less than 65,000 Btu/h” and for “single-phase single package vertical heat pumps with cooling capacity less than 65,000 Btu/h.” The proposed definitions would explicitly define this equipment as subsets of the broader single package vertical air conditioner and single package vertical heat pump equipment categories, and further distinguish such equipment from certain residential central air conditioners and heat pumps. DOE seeks comment from interested parties on this proposal.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until March 15, 2022.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE-2017-BT-TP-0020, by email (SPVACandHeatPumps2017TP0020@ee.doe.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- DOE will hold a webinar on Wednesday, February 9th, 2022, from 1:00p.m. to 3:00 p.m
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Single Package Vertical Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to email@example.com on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|