DOE Publishes a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Meeting and Request for Information Pertaining to Test Procedures for Dishwashers
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has published a Federal Register notice proposing to amend the test procedures for dishwashers at appendix C1, adopt a new test procedure at appendix C2, incorporate by reference newly published Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) standards – AHAM DW-1-2020 and DW-2-2020 –, and apply certain provisions of the industry standards to appendices C1 and C2. The proposed amendments to appendix C1 would establish requirements for water hardness, relative humidity, and loading pattern; update requirements for ambient temperature, detergent dosage, and standby power measurement; include testing approaches from recently published waivers for dishwashers; and include provisions for a minimum cleaning index threshold to validate the selected test cycle. The proposed appendix C2 would additionally include updated annual number of cycles and low-power mode hours for the calculation of energy consumption. DOE is seeking comments from interested parties on the proposal.
- DOE will accept comments, data, and information regarding this NOPR until February 22, 2022.
- Interested persons may submit comments identified by docket number EERE-2016-BT-TP-0012, by email (ResDishwasher2016TP0012@ee.doe.gov), Federal eRulemaking portal (http://www.regulations.gov).
- DOE will hold a webinar on Thursday, February 3, 2022, from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Click here to register for the webinar.
- Foreign Nationals interested in participating in this webinar, must be screened by DOE Headquarters Security prior to being granted access. Please email Regina.Washington@ee.doe.gov to complete the necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to scheduled meeting date.
- Additional webinar registration information, participant instructions, and information about the capabilities available to webinar participants will be published on DOE’s website: https://energy.gov/eere/buildings/public-meetings-and-comment-deadlines
- Find product information for Dishwashers including current standards and test procedures, statutory authority, waivers, exceptions and contact information.
|This email was sent to email@example.com on behalf of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy · 1000 Independence Ave., SW · Washington DC 20585|